måndag 23 augusti 2010

On the road again

After two nights in DC, my hosts left on holiday, John was on the Amtrak back to San Fran, and I had already taken my picture of the White house. So I started pedalling north. I was so happy to be back in the saddle again. I am now in Pennsylvana, half way to New York city.
But more about that when I get there. There will be two more postings. One on DC - NYC and then of course my thank you's and good bye's.
Getting in to DC was easy. From Leesburg, a ferry takes you across the Potomac river for a dollar, and then you go on a bike trail through the woods for some 20 miles and this trail takes you almost all the way to the city center.

DC was exactly what I had expected it to be. Big, but not too big, nice and clean and slightly dull. But I was of course very happy to have made it there... Project finished. Challenges dealt with. I had delivered. I guess :-)

(Actually, I felt nothing. For once. Except perhaps some annoyance about the last nights camping and the new bug bites on my legs.)










3 kommentarer:

Anonymous Anonym sa...

Hej Monika!

Fantastiskt bra jobbat! Jag är väldigt imponerad. Om du saknar ideer för hur du ska toppa den här fantastiska prestationen kan jag rekommendera sträckan Kapstaden-Alger som lär vara en hissnade upplevelse från cykelsadeln.
Ha det jättebäst så hoppas jag att vi ses snart igen!
Tusen glada kramar från Ola

24 augusti 2010 kl. 04:03  
Anonymous Anonym sa...

Monica,
Congratulations on an adventure well done! You've come a long way since we crossed paths in the arid landscape of Nevada. Yours is no doubt one of the most remarkable trans-America bike trips that occurred this summer.

I imagine that in many ways your ride has given you a more intimate sense of America than many of its own citizens have. Mostly I suppose, that it's a less threatening, more generous place than many of them believe it to be. At least that's what I hope you found.

Again, congratulations and enjoy a well deserved rest.

All the best,
David

27 augusti 2010 kl. 09:56  
Anonymous Anonym sa...

Tjohoo så glada vi är:-) Du är ju bara bäst!!
Då syns vi snart och firar med tacos och den där ölen du önskade dej.
Kram från Anna, Magnus, Filp och Elsa.
Och Torsten så klart.

28 augusti 2010 kl. 12:39  

Skicka en kommentar

Prenumerera på Kommentarer till inlägget [Atom]

<< Startsida