fredag 11 juni 2010

Over the Sierras and in to Nevada

The two day climb was a drag and a bore, but there were highlights. Parts of California actually looks like Lapland, only more grand. Up on the mountain there was snow and the air was fresh. I could breath again.


However, the highlights more often involves the people I meet, generally very friendly and hospitable. I have been really well received, everywhere.

But there are contrasts when it comes to the American Hospitality.

On the one hand, they might well come up to you and offer you any kind of help that you seem to need or might want. But on the other hand, they would also put up barbed wired fences and signs saying

"My dog can make it to this fence in 2.8 seconds. Can you?"

(I don't know and I don't think I'll care to try)

Anyways, I have now reached Carson City and my CS host Mikes' place (VERY friendly guy who doesn't even lock his door). Laundry is done and I am about to go and do some shopping. Tomorrow I am off to Fallon, and then it is time to hit the desert.

5 kommentarer:

Blogger Angie sa...

Looks like your making good time. I met you the first day of cycling when you stopped in my store to get directions after your highway mishap. I am looking forward to following you on your journey. Good luck, stay strong and be safe!
Angie (Fairfield, CA)

11 juni 2010 kl. 18:11  
Blogger Leopold sa...

Elaka amerikaner? Aldrig. Snubben var nog bara så stolt över sin snabba hund.

12 juni 2010 kl. 09:08  
Anonymous Malin sa...

Heja heja!
Här hemma är det bara regn, regn och regn. Igår började fotbolls-VM och precis nu ska USA spela sin första match, mot England. Fotbollsfamilj som vi är så sitter alla bänkade :-)
Ha det gott!
Kram

12 juni 2010 kl. 11:33  
Anonymous Christina Johansson sa...

Du är allt en bra tuff tjej! Cykla i den hettan och nu är du väl inne i öknen också? Ännu varmare kan jag tänka mig. Vi har 15 grader och allmänt regnande. Ha det gott och ta vara på krafterna.

14 juni 2010 kl. 07:02  
Anonymous Anonym sa...

Hej Monika!

Vad trevligt att du är ute och cyklar igen. Här uppe i lapphelvetet light är vädret "omkring halvklart" å myggen smakar värre än ölen. Ha det finfint, and good luck with the tramping! PåK från Ola

18 juni 2010 kl. 05:05  

Skicka en kommentar

Prenumerera på Kommentarer till inlägget [Atom]

<< Startsida