fredag 7 maj 2010

Four weeks to go

...and impatiance is killing me - I want to get going NOW! - however I also sometimes get the feeling I will never be completely ready. There seem to always be a ton of things to buy, to try out and to arrange for. The list stays long, but I am happy to say that I believe I have found "my" bike shop in San Francisco Cyclery and "my" bike in their first suggestion, a Surly Long Haul Trucker. Let's hope this bike proves to be a nice ride!

Yesterday I went to my first spinning class ever, so that I could safely try out spd pedals. I learned quite quickly how to "clip in", but I do not expect to remember that I need to "clip out" every time I want to get off the bike, as I have been riding bicycles for more than 35 years without having to do so. It might be a good idea to go to yet another couple of those spinning classes that provides bikes I won't fall off from!

2 kommentarer:

Blogger Biking Viking sa...

Stort lycka till!

Jag ger mig av på lördag och räknar med att starta trampa från San Diego nästa onsdag. Glöm inte att spana in: www.warmshowers.org
Du kommer att ha stor hjälp av denna organisation.

Njut av resan!
/Anders Forselius
www.sam-borombon.se

13 maj 2010 kl. 04:30  
Blogger ACROSS THE US sa...

Tack Anders, för tips, stöd och uppmuntran! Jag ska tänka på dig på onsdag. /M.

16 maj 2010 kl. 01:37  

Skicka en kommentar

Prenumerera på Kommentarer till inlägget [Atom]

<< Startsida