onsdag 16 juni 2010

Las Vegas and Grand Canyon

When I came to Fallon, I was offered a ride to Vegas and thereby also an opportunity to go to Grand Canyon, and so I decided to postpone the planned bicycling through the desert.

Well, I kind of expected that no Oh!s nor Ah!s would escape my mouth in Vegas even though there sure is lots to see - it's just not my thing.

More surprisingly, I wasn't too impressed by the Grand Canyon either. Was it too touristic maybe? Or was it just the heat (115 F)? Could be also that the expectations might have been just too high. It is, after all, one of the seven natural wonders of the world, and then you really expect to be amazed. Not that it wasn't a nice excursion - it was! - but among those wonders, I think I prefer the Northern lights.

However, nature here is VERY impressive. It seems so never ending.

Anyway - here are some pictures. The Skywalk on the last picture was really scary for a person afraid of heights as myself. You'd walk above the Grand Canyon on a glass floor. Even though I read that the floor could support the weight of 70 fully loaded 747 passanger airlines, I still stepped out on that glass very carefully...










...and NOW I am off to the desert. Keep your fingers crossed for me. This is actually a little bit scary... (Long milages without services, no water, lots of summits to climb and then of course the unforgiving sun...)

3 kommentarer:

Anonymous Lena Rogström sa...

Ja, vad är väl en massa raviner mot ett redigt lappländskt fjäll! Skönt, nu behöver man inte känna att man ska åka till Grand Canyon heller!

Vi tänker på dig här och är fullt övertygade om att du ska besegra öknen också. Är det sådär öde som i Clintanfilmerna? Och så rätt vad det är ser man ett moln i fjärran och hör en Ennio Morricone-låt? Creepy!
Vi håller fanan högt och tror på dig!
/Lena

18 juni 2010 kl. 00:06  
Anonymous Beata sa...

And we are standing by with the rescue mission...

Signed: "All your colleagues"

18 juni 2010 kl. 07:33  
Blogger ACROSS THE US sa...

Ode ar det allt, men den enda musik jag hor ar Ace of Base... Oknen ska sjalvklart besegras, men kul ar det inte. Mina hander ar skrynkligare an en 80-arings... The Rescue Mission kanske kan hosta upp nan poppig lat som hjalper mig igenom elandet? :-)

23 juni 2010 kl. 23:44  

Skicka en kommentar

Prenumerera på Kommentarer till inlägget [Atom]

<< Startsida