torsdag 23 september 2010

My thank you's

So, the time has come for my thank you’s.

I went on a so called unsupported trip. I didn’t go in a group, I didn’t pay any travel agent. There was no leader, no team, no one to transport my things or provide me with a plan with maps and information. There was no SAG wagon with food and drinks and extra gear. But I did have support. And from more people than you have seen mentioned here so far.

Thank you…
• Ingegerd , for early on making sure I could have the time off work and still not be overloaded with it the time I got back
• Harriet and Lena, for making sure I’d have means throughout the summer to buy all the maple syrup and reeses pieces I wanted
• Lilian, for surprising me with more maple syrup and reeses pieces when I got back to work
• Beata, for putting up with my thousand questions I need a reply to
yesterday just because I didn't get back until the students had already hit the class rooms
• All my other colleagues who showed an amazing interest before and during my trip, and who still seems to think it is interesting hearing about it
• Everyone who posted comments on my blog – you have no idea how much this meant to me, honestly
• Leo, for making me consider the US as a country worth visiting (it SO was), and for informing me about coffee cakes and reeses pieces
• San Fransisco Cyclery, for making my Surly perfect for me for this trip and the bike repair shop in Culpeper for making it stay perfect throughout
• All my hosts, and everyone else helping out while I was on the road (I know at least a couple of you might actually read this)
• William and his family and friends, who hosted me in New York but also helped out with practical matters concerning the bike and thereby making sure I could have a really good time in the city
• John, for encouraging words making me want to do better
• All other bicyclists on the road, for information and advice and sometimes company
• All bicyclists on the Swedish web page Utsidan, also for information and advice, especially Anders Forselius, who spent more than an hour on the phone prior to my trip calming me down when I was worried about snakes and spiders and scorpions and black bears, and also Johan and Filip, whose blog helped me pack better and warmer for the mountains to come
• My neighbors, for looking after my flat and watering my plants

And last but certainly not least,
a really big thank you to my sister and her family, for taking care of my cat and for making sure I could go and not worry about anything, and also to Ola, for taking care of the same cat so that my sister and her family could go on holiday too.

***THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU***

And now, I final picture of me and also my Surly and my panniers (however packed up), ready to fly home to Sweden. (Look, I am wearing jeans and no helmet!)




















And that’s all, folks!



0 kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Prenumerera på Kommentarer till inlägget [Atom]

<< Startsida